|The NEW Dunes Toastmasters Club – ‘The Number 1 Speakers Club in the Middle East’ in association with Global Spark Group is proud to present
THE LEADERSHIP SEMINAR
Featuring 6 of the top seasoned speakers and leaders of our community
Top Notch & Most sought after Entrepreneur, Speaker & Leader.
World Class Trainer & Chairperson for TESOL.
MD & CEO – Winning Edge Advertising &
Sr. Media Consultant to INFANT ADVERTISING, Dubai.
Founding Legend of Toastmasters movement in UAE
Leading Businessman, Philanthropist and Business Strategist.
Dana Andreea Zoia
Self-Made Successful Model, TV Presenter, Creative Consultant & Entrepreneur.Royston Fernandes
Legendary Speaker, Trainer & Coach of Champion Speakers.
|Details of the event are as follows:
Venue – Al Futtaim Training Center
Date & Time – 3rd Nov 2010. 6:30pm onwards for networking & registration
Dress Code – Formal Business Suit due to the presence of media professional.
Maximum invitees – 60 Business Professionals ONLY.
For Non-Toastmasters – Its FREE provided you state who has referred you to this event and we can verify that information.
For Toastmasters – AED 500 for entry OR if you bring 5 non-toastmaster guests, you are allowed in for free. By non-toastmaster guests, please note, children do not qualify in the equation.
Seminar Feature – The event will feature 6 speeches by 6 amazing leaders & communicators of our time + Question & Answer Session.
|Please note that this event is on a first come, first serve basis.
Dunes Toastmasters reserves the rights to restrict entry due to non-compliance to dress code.
|To reserve your seats, please email the
President of the NEW Dunes Club
Anup Hegde on 050-5525146 or email email@example.com
Featuring 6 of the top seasoned speakers & leaders of our community:
DTM Mohammed Murad
Toastmasters honors and recognition at the International level
1st ever International Director 2007-2009 of District 79
Who achieved in a single year – President’s Distinguished District (2003-2004), in the first year District 79 became a provisional district + President’s Extension Award (2003-2004), Top 3 districts in the world that chartered maximum clubs + President’s 20+ Award (2003-2004), Top 3 districts in the world that maintained maximum clubs with 20 members or more.
One of the most sought after leader and speaker in the Middle East.
A few Achievements Corporate World
Person with more than 27 years of experience at Director and CEO levels in Emergency Medical Services Management, Human Resource Development and Strategic Planning for organizations.
Individual who was led a team for creating the long term strategy for the only Emergency Medical services in the city Dubai (2 million population), and successfully implementing it.
Participated in the core team to establish the inaugural 5 year plan of the newly established Community Development Agency in Dubai, which was approved and implemented.
Who was also appointed as the Director of the Quality Assurance Department. And who reviewed and evaluated several strategic plans of various organizations through which I gained in depth knowledge of planning methodologies
Some people call him Lt. Colnel Mohammed Murad, Some call him DTM Mohammed Murad, Some call him International Director Mohammed Murad…..but in the end everyone calls him with Reverence, Respect and Regard.
Dr. Christine Coombe
Dr. Christine Coombe is a faculty member at Dubai Men’s College and Academic Coordinator of the Global Local Center. Dr Coombe holds a PhD in Foreign/Second Language Education from The Ohio State University. She is the current Assistant Division Governor Coaching for Division B, President for Dubai Men’s College Toastmasters Club and the Past Area Governor of Area 21. She has authored seven books, the most recent one on leadership in English language teaching and learning.
Christine is a frequently-invited presenter to academic conferences around the world and has delivered more than 250 presentations in 34 countries. In 2005 she won the speech evaluation category at the Division Gulf Toastmaster’s Contest. In 2009 she was awarded the DTM (Distinguished Toastmaster) distinction from Toastmasters International, the highest award given to any Toastmaster. Most recently she was elected President of TESOL (Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages), the largest professional organization of English language teachers in the world. She is the first person in the Middle East to achieve this distinction and only the 4th person from outside North America.
1.Vijay Manikoth was instrumental in initiating and intoducing the Toastmasters Movement in the United Arab Emirates. He was the Chairman of the Speech Contest at GTAC – Gulf Toastmasters Annual Convention held in Dubai. He organized the First Toastmasters Youth Leadership Programme in the UAE. Received a plaque from the Toastmasters International in recognition of Dedicated Service and Outstanding Leadership as Founder President of UAE TOASTMASTERS. He was the Winner of the International Speech Contest conducted by Manama Toastmasters Club in Bahrain, this was before he came to the UAE to take up a job. He visited the World Head Quarters of Toastmasters International which is located in California and met veteran Toastmasters like Daniel Rex, Stanley etc. He was also the Guest Speaker at the Federal Toastmasters Club based in New York
2. He joined Khaleej Times as Area Manager in KT Abu Dhabi.Thereafter he got promoted to Branch Manager of KT Bahrain, then promoted to Marketing Manager in KT Dubai, then to Assistant Vice President – Marketing & Advertising and susequently got promoted to Director – International Advertising. He travelled abroad extensively & frequently, working on Khaleej Times Supplements on countries like Norway, Italy, Switzerland, France, USA, UK, Germany etc.His biggest regret is that due to his constant travel, work load, busy schedules and erratic hours, he wasn’t able to attend Toastmasters meetings regularly but his heart and soul, and unflinching commitment and support towards the Toastmasters movement in the UAE will remain the same for ever.
3. After serving Khaleej Times newspaper for 20 years he started his own company namely Winning Edge Advertising FZE. He is Managing Director & CEO of the Advertising Agency, and is also a Senior Media Consultant of INFANT ADVERTISING LLC, Dubai (a unit of Infant Group of Companies based in India, who are pioneers in Out Door Advertising).
4. Motivational Speaker, Trainer and Management Consultant, he has conducted several training programmes on subjects like Personality Development, Effective Public Speaking, Creative Salesmanship, Winning Edge Advertising etc..Conducted Summer Camps & Winter Camps for youngsters in various Institutes like Abu Dhabi Educational Institute, Wisdom Institute, EDUSCAN, Clubs & Associations etc.
5. Delivered a speech titled “Advertising as a form of Direct Marketing to a very large international gathering at the Annual Conference of IPS – Institute of Professional Sales, wherein 4 other International Speakers & Trainers also gave presentations, the key not speaker was none other than General Sir Peter De La Billiere, a veteran of the Gulf War, SAS to Gulf Command, wherein he lead the British contingent of 45,000 in successful land battles, also a celebrated author of best sellers like Storm Command & Looking For Trouble.
6. He delivered several presentations on selected topics, to the Management & Staff of various companies. He was the Master of Ceremony for several functions like The Khaleej Times India Housing & Investment Seminars, and other seminars conducted by HDFC, UTI, ICICI from time to time, and was the MC for even events like MAY QUEEN CONTEST, TEEN PRINCE & PRINCESS CONTEST, Debates, Quiz Competitions, quizzing the audience, during the long interval when the celebrated Quiz Master Mr. Siddarth Basu and his team was tabulating the winners for the All UAE INTER SCHOOL QUIZ COMPETITIONS organized by Khaleej Times. Spoke on behalf of Khaleej Times at various KT Sponsored events etc…He was always invited to various community events and School functions as the Guest Speaker
7. He was felicitated at the Dubai 2007 – Indian Achievers function, which was organized by MMA – Manish Media Agency and supported by Indian Business & Professional Council, wherein the Media sponsor was ZEE TV Network.
8. Recipient of the prestigious BHARATH GAURAV Award (India’s Pride award) for Meritorious Accomplishment in Diverse fields of Activities that immensely contributed for the Nations progress, he was also recognized for taking the initiative of introducing the Toastmasters movement in the UAE by IIFS – India International Friendship Society, in a grand function held at New Delhi Intercontinental Hotel on the Bharatiya Pravasi Divas (Non Resident Indian Day).
9. Assisted in Co-ordinating the “Abu Dhabi World Leadership Summit” as Khaleej Times was the Media Sponsor for this mammoth event which was organized by GBE – Global Business Enterprise & Power Within Inc, this mammoth event was attended by leaders like Bill Clinton, Late Benazir Bhutto, H.H Shaikh Nahyan Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, John Edwards, Richard Branson, Mohammed Al Abbar etc..Khaleej Times published a special supplement in magazine format to commemorate this prestigious event, which was held at the Emirates Palace Hotel in 2005.
10. Based on the reference value of his outstanding achievements, the panel of Judges of MARQUIS Who’s Who based in USA, have recently selected his biographical profile for inclusion in the forthcoming “Who’s Who in the World 2011” (28th Edition) It is a testament to his hard work and dedication to success that has earned him a place in the prestigious “Marquis Who’s Who in the World”.
11.He has a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce and a Master’s degree in Business Administration, and is a Fellow of the Institue of Commercial Management, and last but not least, Vijay has a Black Belt 2nd Dan in the Kykushinkai style of Karate.
Najumudeen Mohammed Esmail like the majority of expats here in the Gulf, was born and brought up in simple household. He was a normal everyday child like the most of us. But what made him stand out was his financial standing or background. The burning desire in him to become something. Though he was born into a lower income family that challenges came into his life at a very early stage.
After admission into the famous TKM Engineering College – which by the way was purely on Merit, he joined a firm in Bangalore. And though he was a qualified engineer, his first salary came up to around Rs 1,200 per month.
Following that, after coming to U.A.E and working as an employee, he finally establish his first venture on 17th July 2005 – Spark Electricals.
Today Najumudeen has became a name whose list of companies include a wide variety of services – from manufacturing to engineering to even media entertainment & information. Once you meet him, you will realize why this man states less but believes in doing more and why today he is the number one supporter of all educational and training activities both in India and in the Middle East.
Dana Andreea Zoia
Self-Made Successful Model, TV Presenter, Creative Consultant & Entrepreneur who may not say much but whose clients include global giants and whose story starts just like you and me but ends just like a fairy tale.
Royston Fernandes is the General Manager of Lobo Management Services – a top-tier executive search and recruitment firm in the Middle East operating from its headquarters at Dubai World Trade Centre. Besides providing companies an investment in ‘human capital’ Royston plays an important role in assessment, consulting and outplacement services in the human resources field.
Royston has been a long timer in the Dubai having served for many years in senior finance positions with the Al Futtaim Trading Group of Companies in Dubai.
In 2000 Royston made a paradigm shift in his career when he moved to Sydney Australia, He set up a chain of retail franchise stores with like minded entrepreneurs. The retail operation in Inner West Sydney was nominated for its business practices between the years 2004 to 2010 and was voted as Inner West’s Best Retail Outlet in 2009.
Royston is renowned key note speaker. He bears the title of Distinguished Toast Master from Toastmasters International U.S.A. and has represented Australia at three Regional World Finals in 2005 (Toronto, Canada), 2006 (Washington DC USA) and 2007 (Phoenix Arizona, USA). He has been instrumental in spreading the movement of Toastmasters International in UAE and Oman advocating the importance of communication and leadership to many budding executives. He is a Master Trainer at the Toastmasters Leadership Institute and is currently Chairman of the Speakers Bureau in Dubai.
He is a Cost and Management Accountant by profession and was Chairman of the Overseas Chapter in Dubai for many years.
Royston is married to Valerie and they have a lovely daughter, Vanessa.
People generally know Royston as a soft spoken individual …till he comes to the podium.